Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Multiples

Well everyday with twins offers a new challenge. Add a another child that is only 16 months older and you get many personalities that don't match!

I can remember about 14 years ago a very dear friend of mine had twins. I couldn't understand her "protectiveness" of them - after all it was only 1 more then I had. Why would you worry about splitting them up in school? Why would you worry about the other friends that one has and the other doesn't?

Well guess what? You do! I can't believe the guilt I feel - even with the older one (ok - the twins are 3 1/2 - the older one is 5 and our oldest don't count in this anxiety as they are 19 and 14) - Why is it fair that the 5 year old goes to the neighbors to play and the twins have to stay home? Well, I justify, she has her own friends and after all they get to play with each other - right?

Parental guilt - no matter what the age is amazing! Wholy cow.

Please share your stories with me - how do you handle these things? How do you not spend your time yelling- when alls one of them do is whine to get what they want?

No comments:

Post a Comment